Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Monday, December 11, 2006

You Think You Know, But You Have No Idea

Today was interesting to say the least. I got all ready for my day. You know today was Interview Day. The green light on the work phone flashed and I almost didn't check it. The HR lady tells me that they need to reschedule...to FRIDAY. She did make several attempts to contact me through email, work and home phone. Kudos. I smiled through the phone and said, "Oh, it's not a problem. Friday is great for me." Really, I was thinking, "Damn, damn, damn." Rescheduling is the STORY OF MY LIFE.

Impatience is the name of my game. Let's get the is over and done with it. Not a good way to be, but I'm workin on it. In the meantime, between time, I get the actual job description for the position and you know I don't remember applying so that was a plus. I realized that I needed to regroup to think about new answers to possible questions, etc, etc.

Then Mama calls and says she's taken Grandma to the hospital because she was weak. My nerves at this point are bad. Mama, being Mama, said, "Don't worry about Mama, she'll be fine. I'm just being cautious. You do what you gotta do for this job." (Sidebar: She wants the job more than me!)I tell her about the reschedule. Later she calls back and says they want to keep Grandma overnight because she has a small case of pneumonia. WHAT??

At that time it was 2 something. I was so glad that I didn't have that interview because there was no way I could've concentrated and done my best with all that going on.

All that to say, God knows what to do and He always has a plan. When you think things aren't going YOUR way, He shows you it was for the best.

Grandma is doing fine and I still have 4 extra days to prepare for this interview. I am staying prayerful and positive. What a day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home