Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Monday, September 29, 2008

Dream Analysis

It's a little after 3 p.m. and just 20 minutes ago I felt like my day was almost over. I was so wrong. I was hoping when I returned to my office that it would be atleast 3:45. No such luck. Suddenly I'm sleepy as hell and I think I know why.

Dreams.

I keep having the craziest dreams. For about two weeks now, every other, if not every night, my dreams are causing my sleep to be...not effective. Last night I dreamed that I went to a club, but it was really like a dormitory. The bad part was it was run by a slew of racist white people. They were luring blacks in and holding them hostage. Torturing them, etc. Oddly enough, the "warden" was the guy, Cartwright, from The Family That Preys (I thought he was pretty hot--not anymore). I'm sure he was in it because he played the leading Skinhead in Higher Learning (don't ask me how I remember that). Anyway, I was trying to escape out the window, cutting the screens out with a Swiss Army knife. When I jumped out of the window, I realized we were in a compound and couldn't get out. All around the outside perimeter were black men tied up and hanging.

It was THE worst dream ever. I woke up at 5:19 a.m. and walked around. Then I just laid there. I don't know why that dream was so alarming (besides the obvious). What did it mean?

I am tense all in the shoulders. I don't know what's going on, but sleep, which I could always count on to be pleasureable, isn't anymore.

Damn.

2 Comments:

  • At September 30, 2008 at 8:21:00 PM PDT, Blogger Vixenlibra said…

    That is absolutely horrible! I'm surprised you were able to maintain your composure. Sorry about the awful dreams. Hope your nights get better.

     
  • At October 14, 2008 at 8:23:00 AM PDT, Blogger Travis Musicbox said…

    That is an interesting dream. I could come up with several obvious interpretations, but I believe that dreams are subconscious expression of a person’s life. What does it mean to you? I would love to read your view and interpretation.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home