Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Nostalgia

As the season is changing from summer to fall, there's a special feeling in the air. For me anyway. Have you ever gotten the exact same feeling you did years ago just from walking outside or seeing the sun shine bright, smelling the air or seeing the moon glow? As I was walking around the house today, I got that feeling. I'm not sure what it reminded me of though.

I'm thinking about five years ago, walking to class on LSU's campus (even though I didn't like it, I eventually got used to it). I remember thinking that the sky was so clear and after class I could do whatever I wanted to do. That's until I went to the Bullseye (Target) later that night. Back then I just knew that there had to be something better for me. Working two jobs (the second was voluntary), going to school full-time at a school I didn't even like was not what I thought I'd be doing. But it was a choice I made. That particular year was one of the best in my life. Contrarily, I felt trapped, but at that very moment, smelling that clean air and gazing at that blue sky, I felt free.

Today, like that day then, is a beautiful day.

1 Comments:

  • At September 20, 2008 at 4:06:00 PM PDT, Blogger FlyyGurl said…

    Oh, I kno that feeling quite fondly....I always complain about how much when its hot outside that I want it to b cold, and vice versa...but those in-between times when the atmosphere is changing and the weather is right and everythings beautiful...MAN.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home