Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Just Sitting Here

What up?

I have class in about two hours and as usual, I couldn't be more tired. It's more of a sinus, I need some sleep kind of tired.

As of today, I no longer have an office roommate. It's just me, myself and I in here. It feels good. It also feels kind of weird. Oddly enough, I'd gotten used to her loud complaining, constant questions and extra loud personal conversations with her daughters and accountants. I learned to drown it out.

What is especially good is that no one is in here. Get it? I'm alone. I like it that way. I sound like a weirdo, but that's how I feel. I work at my own pace, and I do what I want to do. I had a long talk with my Mama and she suggested that I work for myself because I don't do well in a structured work setting. I do well. I just don't like it. And I don't know of many people who do.

I asked her did she think just because you're good at something, you should be passionate about it. Absolutely not was her answer. I agree. I really like my job. I'm pretty good at it. But all in all, I could care less. Let me rephrase that...it's just a job. I'm a realist/dreamer so I know that most people work to get a check. Period. But I think I need more. I should not get bored with jobs so quickly. I need passion. (In ALL areas of life, but that's another story for another time.)

In Tyler Perry's A Family That Preys, the character asked this:

Are you living or just existing?

Deep like the ocean, huh? I know.

I want to live.

I called some friends from college this weekend to check on them one of them told me, "You know what you want to do. Why don't you take a couple of weeks off and go to the place where you can make it happen?"

Tell me something I don't know.

Then he said, "You can't be scared."

Most definitely food for thought.

And that's why I was supposed to call them.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home