Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Friday, September 19, 2008

Getting Over the Racial Hump

Let me tell you something.

All men are the same. Alllll men across racial and cultural lines. I don't mean the same in personality or action, but in these lame ass tactics of trying to holler or flirt.

The Indian, whom I will call Taj because I wouldn't want him referring to me as The Black Chick to his friends, is really trying to get it in before he leaves the city.

We'd been playing phone tag since we went out, so finally we caught up with each other. Saying in my Martin voice, "He's a willllddd boy!" He has very much shed his traditional Indian ways, as he loves to club and frequent strip clubs. Also, he's so not "long-term relationship material." Thanks for putting that out there, Buddy.

He wanted to "play a game" over the phone. My brain, of course, went straight to the gutter immediately. I was thinking, "Dude, I can't have phone sex with you! I don't even know you like that!" LOL

He wanted to play Questions. You know, the game where you ask questions back and forth, yada yada. Yeah, that one.

I HATE that game. Could it be because I hate answering questions? He wanted to ask 10 questions each, but I said hell to the naw. Let's drop it down to five.

His questions were as follows:

What's the wildest thing I've ever done?
What flips my switch? (I asked him to expound on that one.)
What turns me on?

Yeah. I shut that down quick. You need to know that information because what?

I can't lie. I'm already apprehensive about answering questions, especially when I barely know the person. The fact that he is not Black was bothering me. Don't ask me why. It's really stupid, but it's the way I feel. People are people and I know I just said that he is just like alot of men I've come across. He tried one of the oldest tricks in the book played by men to "get to know" a woman. He would like to hit and I can see right through him.

The fact still remains that he ain't Black. Would I feel the same if it were a white guy?

He wants to hang out this weekend. I don't know.

1 Comments:

  • At September 20, 2008 at 2:46:00 PM PDT, Blogger She Draws said…

    awww... live a little..never know what you could be missing. But I read this blog called I date white.. and he recently did a post about what black men look for in white women and his list were like.. something you could find in any woman.. so I said all that to say is the same thing you look for in a black man you can look for in a white man... what's the problem honey?

    Go B.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home