Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Give Me My Space

Okay, so you know it's not often that I blog from home, so I must really be in a zone. You're right. Let me tell you what I have done today.

I woke up.
I cooked breakfast.
I cleaned the house.
Took a bath.
Went to my grandmother's house with my mother for about an hour.
Came back home and watched the Martin marathon.

That's it. And that's was so damn great to me.

My mama asked me was I depressed or was I "about to come on my period" or did I just not feel like being bothered.

I'll take your last option for $500, please!

The aggravation.

I think people, especially parents, think you are exempt from being tired or wanting to be alone. The last time I told somebody I enjoy being by myself, he turned straight Dr. Phil on me and thought I should try getting out and meeting more people. Believe me, I damn near know everybody and for most of my life, I have been the Everything Girl. I go to everything, do everything, try to bring everyone and everything together. It's time out for that for a minute.

Why does it have to be something wrong with me just because I want to sit in my house all day? I did my weekly duties: church, work, cleaning, paying bills, checking on my grandmother (church and Granny are things I actually want to do). I think I deserve a break, don't you? Every weekend for two months, I have been running. Granted, a lot of it was my own doing--strictly voluntary, but so what? This weekend I decided was MY weekend. Next week will be a BEAST for me, so I need to re-up.

And that's just what I'm gon' do. (Off to watch ANOTHER episode of Martin)

2 Comments:

  • At September 21, 2008 at 10:48:00 PM PDT, Blogger suga said…

    As an only child, I can definitely identify with having parents who dont understand when a sista just wants to be alone. lol

     
  • At September 23, 2008 at 11:44:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I so feel you on this. Some days you really just want to not be bothered with other people. And my mother had the same reaction. "You need to get out of the house." If I wanted to get out of the house, I would. Apparently, I liked lounging around right now. So leave me be!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home