Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Monday, August 18, 2008

Weekend Wrap-Up: I'm Me!

It's been awhile...about a week since I last posted. This week, I have no long-term outlook, meaning for the first time in minute, I haven't analyzed everything I'll have to do at work, etc. for the week. I went to sleep last night and woke up and got dressed. That's it! But it just hit me that I have a story to write (PR stuff) and the deadline is.....TODAY! I hate it when contacts don't call me back.

In other news, this has been a pretty good weekend. One of my best friends from high school came home and we hung out at our girl's house. We ate sushi (the best I've had so far!), had drinks and watched....Love Jones. This will forever be a classic. Some classic lines from the movie:

Masterpiece of minimalism...

I steal, I don't get stole on!

Do it, girl! Do it!

It was like his d*ck...just talked to me....
What it say???
Ninaaaa...Ninaaa!

When that Love Jones come down....it be a muthafucka!

Let me break it down so it can forever and consistently be broke!

Don't make me break outtt..my Karate girl!


My grandmother's birthday was Saturday. She's 81 years old. Thank God for that! I visited with her and later went out with a friend downtown. She'd never been on Beale Street (wow!). It was a sight and experience for her, no doubt. The next day we had a party for Granny and brought her to my mama's house from the nursing home for the first time. She was GREAT! And she looked so cute. All of the family was over and my little cousins (7, 8 and 10) bumped Keri Hilson, Chris Brown and MILEY CYRUS on their mp3 players. Again, I say wow. How do they know about Keri Hilson???

Speaking of music, I just think Michael Phelps is hotness.




The fact that he listened to Weezy's "I'm Me" before he won his fifth (?) gold medal makes him even hotter.

I'm putting swimmers up there with baseball players for having the most banging bodies of athletes!


Usain Bolt, the fastest man in the world for Jamaica---Big ups!! I bet he lit one up some serious after his race. Yea mon!!

Saturday, as I was cleaning up my house, I turned the TV to VH1 Soul and Driven: Kanye West was on. I've seen it like five times, but I really paid attention this time around. It made pull out my College Dropout CD. Oh the memories! One of my favorite songs was "Spaceship." I would listen to it everyday on the way to my dead-in job (SuperTarget) while I was in grad school.

I've been working this graveshift and I ain't made shit
I wish I could buy me a spaceship and fly
Past the sky!

Oh, how I felt you, Kanye! Sometimes I still feel like that. I was still feeling inspired today, so I popped in Ye's "I'm Good" mixtape that I bought in 2004. Classic stuff. My fav is "Out the Game." Do it John Legend!

So, all in all, this weekend was great. I'm off to finish (um, start) my work!

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home