Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Change is Good

It's almost February already. I guess time flies when you're having fun. Or maybe it flies when you can live life without unnecessary stress and strife. Yes, my dear, I'm talking about this new job which really won't be that new anymore since I got my first paycheck today. Woohoo!!

Even though I got a big, over-the-top send-off from my previous job (management had nothing to do with it, trust!) with many best of luck wishes, I did think I would miss it there. It was something I was used to and I'm a creature of habit. In the last two weeks, I've talked to co-workers who I'm cool with several times. I know what you're thinking: 'Didn't you almost die to get away from that place?' (I did..) 'Then why do you care what's going on around there?' (I don't know...) Scratch that. Talking to them was for numerous reasons: (1) I miss them, they are the homies; (2) I'm nosey and (3) I'm still doing on-the-job training off-the-job. Leave it to me to always lend a helping hand.

In additon to that, talking to them has confirmed, solidified and made me FU-THER know that leaving that place is the BEST thing that could have happened to me. All of the accounts of drama, bullshit and pettiness are no longer first-hand. I have no responsibility or loyalty to the company. If something goes down inside that building and I hear about it, my response can be any of the following: (a) Foreal??; (b) Ya don't say, huh? or my personal favorite (c) That's f*cked up right there, mane.

Isn't that great? Getting called into the Principal's Office is no longer an option. What's even better than THAT is I love the new job. I've said it before, I'll say it again. I fell right into the culture of the office-relaxed. I have the freedom and flexibility to do what I want, when I want. They trust me as a professional (because that's what I am!) to pull my weight efficiently, so there's no need to breathe down my neck every minute of the day. And that, my friends, is what a job is all about. Aside from having a passion for what you do, that is.

Anyway, I gotta give it up to God onemogin for the life change. I'm really enjoying it!

Ciao'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home