Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Friday, January 26, 2007

While I'm Thinking About It

All kinds of craziness has been going on that I've been meaning to say something about. You know the drill. This is in no particular order.

Why and how in the hell does DeVante Swing of Jodeci have a 19-year-old son? He's damn near my age! I mean really. I can remember watching their videos and almost drooling over him and Dalvin like yesterday. How is that possible? Then I realized when I was 11 he was like, 20, 21 years old. Go figure. Does that me me old now?

Why does R. Kelly have to turn everything into a sex thing? Clearly, Ciara's Promise was a little sweet song about wanting a relationship with 'you, you, you.' Here comes Kells with that shit again. But I can't lie, it's tighter than a mugg! Kells makes hits!

No offense, but this rehab thing is going too far. Society has it so twisted. How is it that Isiah Washington has to go to rehab for psychological testing for calling old boy a faggot, but Kramer is walking around rehab-less after he called Black folks all kinds of Niggers--on camera? It's killing me.

Parents need to tell their kids to sit down somewhere when they're in public places. A young family was sitting behind me at TGI Fridays, right? The little girl, who was clearly 4-years-old, turns around and leans over the booth, ALL in my conversation. Went something like this:

1st Incident
Me: Hey sweetie, may we help you? What's going on?
Lil Mama: Nothing
Me: Oh, okay (smile)
Lil Mama jumps cleans ACROSS the table to her Mama. Feet literally on the table, running. Like how far can you get running across a table at Friday's?

2nd incident
Lim Mama leans over the seat again, ALL in my conversation
Me: What's up?
Lil Mama: Nothing
Me: Oh, last time you wouldn't say anything, now you back visiting
Lil Mama rolls her eyes so hard at me, as if to say, WHATEVER!! No, actually it said, "Bitch please!!" Clearly from the ages of 4-10 you have the highest level of eye-rolling abilities. They almost rolled to the back her head like the Exorcist.

So the moral of this story is two-fold: (1)I got played by a 4-year-old! and (2) Get yo damn kids!

I should NOT have to wait in bumper-to-bumper traffic only to find out that there was a delay because of nosey, rubber-necking people. If an accident has been moved out of the way onto the shoulder, why are cars not moving? Drive, you idiots!!

Did you know that scientist had made Monday, January 22, 2007, the most depressing day of the year? According to scientific research, people are at their lowest point
on the third Monday of the year. Check out the formula:

[W + (D-d)] x TQ
_____________________
M x NA


The equation is broken down into seven variables: (W) weather, (D) debt, (d) monthly salary, (T) time since Christmas, (Q) time since failed quit attempt, (M) low motivational levels and (NA) the need to take action. (MSBC, source)

Now ain't' that some shit? All along, I thought I was depressed because the Saints lost on Sunday! WHO DAT!!

Out of allllll the people who have real talent in Memphis, why did American Idol showcase the WORST people ever? American Idol is a fluke (no offense, Fantasia)!

But I'm still watching it!

I think that's it for now. Ciao'

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home